The experience of researching, arranging and attending mental health treatment may leave you feeling upset, anxious, even fearful, but you can be assured we will support you throughout. We provide a number of flexible treatments options to suit your needs so that you can feel comfortable in making choices.
Initially most people make an appointment with one of our Consultant Psychiatrists who will discuss and determine the best treatment plan to suit the patient’s needs.
Outpatient treatment involves one on one appointments with a consultant psychiatrist or therapist. Outpatient therapy is available at Cognitions Health Care.
We have specialist inpatient treatment for General Psychiatry, Eating Disorders and Drug Rehabilitation.
Family Therapy Programme:
This involves getting support from family members while still on the ward. Family members are also able to directly access/assess their patient and learn how to support them
Group Therapy Programme:
Getting support from others in a group therapy setting can be very powerful. Being part of a group allows the rare opportunity to gain insight into how others affect us and how we affect them.
Here at Cognitions HealthCare Limited we encourage each patient towards a successful recovery. To achieve this we always take into account each individual’s needs, circumstances and expectations, and promote patients to be a part of the decision making process regarding their treatment. This engenders patient choice to ensure that their recovery from addiction is self-determining and fulfilling.
We do not focus on the addiction alone but on what may be the possible causes of addiction mental health problems, environmental influences and home issues. The design of the group therapy programme reflects this, so that it is not a one track, fits all programme, but allows all patients to gain from it.
Following an initial consultation with one of our Consultant Psychiatrists, we are usually able to offer a specific program of treatment tailored to client’s individual needs. The range of treatments that are available include:
- Medication – Prescription of medication, including regular reviews for monitoring of therapeutic effect and telephone consultation for advice with a Consultant Psychiatrist.
- Stress Management “Psycho-Educational and Life Style Issues” Our programme is designed to treat anxiety disorder, work related stresses, relationship difficulties and medical disorders
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – focuses on the way people think and act in order to help them overcome their emotional and behavioural problems. A central concept in cognitive behavioural therapy is that you feel the way you think and so places great emphasis on thoughts and behaviour, as areas to change and develop. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy can help clients overcome a wide range of psychological problems including anger problems, alcohol related problems, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, phobias and relationship problems.
- Relationship and Interpersonal Therapy – a form of psychotherapy in which the focus is on a client’s relationships with peers and family members and the way they see themselves. Interpersonal therapy is based on exploring issues in relationships with other people.
- Client Centered Therapy – also known as person centered therapy is a non-directive form of talk therapy whereby the therapist allows clients to lead the discussion and does not try to steer the discussion in any particular direction. The fundamental belief in client centered therapy is that people tend to move towards growth and healing and have the capacity to find their own answers.